Friday, December 7, 2018

What a week!

Hi my friends, summer is now here!! today it's to get 37c or for most of you 99f. That's hot people. I don't like summer and already wish for autumn. I think it's going to be a very hot and wet stormy summer this year.

Stitching!

I changed a few charts in my project bags, taking out a few Wips I don't want to stitch right now and putting new Wips in. I would like to focus on the ones now in my bags to get them done and finished. I put a few that I don't want to stitch but still want done so it's a mix of old and new. Plus the new starts that are coming soon. 

This week I got my mum to pick out of the 14 bags what I should stitch.
She said Treasures of the deep Sal. Not the one I thought she would pick but ok.

Here is before


And the two mermaids I stitched with more of that never ending border.



For someone who said last week she didn't feel like doing half stitch, I sure made up for it this week with the Christmas one I did and the two mermaids. All are full of half stitch but love how they look.

Now. I'm mad. I ordered fabric (I don't put names) for my songbird's garden series. For 3 of them. So 3 fabrics. Now I've ordered from them 2 times before and had no problems but this time.... After so long of not getting it in the mail and finding out via email that tacking said it was delivered and no I don't have it. I went to my post place to ask what the hell where is my package only to be told the sender didn't put my full address down only 10 my suburb and Melbourne with post code. Post will try and find it. No luck it's now lost in post. I got back to seller and tell them all this, give them the tracking to show they didn't put right address and I want my money back or the 3 fabrics re sent at there cost. Now I got a email saying its  MY Fault that I didn't put the right address in when it shows right in front of them billed to is this address which is different to what was sent and that they had a look it said delivered so they are not going to do anything, I need to cool down before I email them back but basically they are saying its my fault, has nothing to do with them,they have my money so to bad if I don't have my 3 fabric.  I'm so angry about this. 

In the mean time I watched sammyjstitches on flosstube and she is doing forever and ever the first songbird's garden on blue fabric and I really liked it. I've been hanging out to start it and with the problems with the above...
I went over my stash of blue fabric and found the right one with a Christmas chart that right now I don't care to stitch as much and later I can get more anyway.

So I have a new start it will look like this


I'm stitching it on 18ct Aida by sew it all called western sky.
 I'm loving stitching this. It's all full cross, easy to read chart and NO half stitch or backstitch. 


After getting home from Christmas shopping I found in my mail box a package. I was thinking "but it's too small for any of the orders I'm waiting on"' Then after a much needed drink I saw it was from June, it's a stitchy gift. Oh wow. Your timeing couldn't have been better.

Can I open it June or do I have to wait until Christmas Day? Please please can I open it... Your gift made my day. Please can I open it??? Thank you sooooooo much June, wow just wow.

And no it's not opened until you tell me I can before Christmas or on Christmas Day. So can I, can I. Lol I'm starting to sound like a little kid.

I thought this week couldn't get any worse than not getting my fabric but now my dad is in hospital. I'm not going to go into it but he's in the best place. 

So that's my week the bad,the good, the great gift, and the bad again.

This week I'm going to keep stitching forever and ever, see how it goes.

Hope you got a little stitching in over the busy season and see you next week.
 Happy stitching

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the rubbish bits of your week, I hope that next week is better for you. Lovely to get a little surprise in the mail though :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a week for you my friend.
    I hope the material shows up one day.

    Yes open your little gift you can add it to your list.

    Next year I am going to make my gifts but start early .

    I always leave it to late for stitching and then we are so busy .

    We are busy right up untill Christmas Eve , but today is free.


    Hope your father gets better soon.

    Can you send me some sunshine please it's dull and raining every day here

    Sending warm wishes and a better week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rubbish week!! I hope your dad is getting good care and doing well. As for the stitching shop, how rude! Not only is it there fault they have probably now lost your future custom as they can't be trusted with your money or order, if only they knew how much you spend on stitch things and how much potential profit they have lost. Hope your days improve. Stitching love and hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received your beautiful Christmas card and two floss. Thank you so very very much. It's so funny how our seasons are the opposite. Here in Indiana, USA we have a high of 28f degrees right now. I hate heat so I'll take our cold vs your 99 please. So sorry the company isn't fixing their issue. I hope they come to their senses. How frustrating. I love your new start and your beautiful mermaid WIP. Hope your dad gets better very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey honey sorry to hear about your dad! And that company should be named and shamed - I hope it gets sorted out for you. That bites the big one. Forever and ever is looking great already on the blue fabric. Great start.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete