Saturday, September 15, 2018

Not Much Stitching

Hi stitchy friends 

Not much to show you as I got into something else in my free time this week.

In the shops they are starting to bring out the 2019 diaries and calendars. 
Can you believe it's only 3 months and a few week until the end of the year.

This year and my past ones too, I found I didn't use my diary that much just for basic birthdays and such, when I wanted to I didn't have the room to write what I wanted. 

This week I came across bullet journaling. 

I'm hooked even if I haven't started yet. Lol

I can track my life how I want to and even my stitching which I really really want to.

I would like to track how many stitchs I do a day like some of you do. I would like to write down what I stitch on that day. What I need to buy and goals and wish lists. Lol

In my life part I'm very boring doing the same most of the time and in a normal diary I left most weeks with nothing in it, waste of money in the long run. In a bullet journal I can use just one page to cover the month. And if I want to do a journal page I have the room.

I love the ideas I've found and will use. I can't wait to get started. 

Do any of you have a bullet journal?

Since my last up date I've been looking at bullet journals and ideas on them. I've got one coming in the mail with cool stickers. I even found stickers on cross stitch. I'm going to have fun at the start of each month and then just fill in over the month so it will not take to much time away from my stitching.

Onto stitching like I said very little was done, but I also think I needed the break.

Ornamental joy
Before

And now


Miss black swallowtail

Before

Now after 2 days not really stitching her


I didn't get to the last 2. I think I will stay with miss black swallowtail for now.
Today like right now I'm going to start stitching her.

My rotation is again now done. I think I love the idea of them but I can never stay with it.
 Oh well.....sigh 

Until next week happy stitching!!!

5 comments:

  1. I like your stitching. can't wait to see what JOY looks like finished. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Joy! So pretty. I use my diary for everything I would be lost without it so I need one small enough to carry round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from a new follower. I think we follow each other on Instagram. I happened to see you comment on another blog and followed you here. You are working on beautiful projects. I look forward to getting to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I have been bullet journalling for just over a year :) I mainly started because I actually make more progress when I track things. It took a while to figure out what I really needed to track but I'm just about there with it now. Its pretty basic since I'm terrible at art, but it's useful, especially when I was on a fitness program which needed me to track my meals and to see my whole month at a glance.
    Look at the Littlecoffeefox website, she has some lovely ideas if you haven't come across them yet.

    Your stitching looks good - remember every x is progress! (I have to tell myself that all the time :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of bullet journals but it sounds like they might work for your needs. I am obsessed with spreadsheets and have a massive one containing all my cross stitch info I will ever need. I just hope I never lose it! :)

    ReplyDelete