Saturday, September 1, 2018

Big and Long Part 2

Hi stitchers, thanks for all your nice comments on my new starts.

This week was harder. Choices, choices, choices. I wanted to start everything and you will see by the end I just put in a few stitches to say it's a new start.
I also have had new start problems, threads that I didn't have or the called for was not anything like the picture. Fabric, the fabric I kited it up with was not working so changed it, and changed it again. You will see I re started one. 

I now have 60 Wips yap 60. 

Now my new plans is as I have 14 nice new project bags to do a rotation with 14 projects. Which I will be getting ready for today, why I'm blogging Saturday.

Photos will not show fabric that much because of light washout try next time sorry.

Let's begin 

Sunday Miss Black Swallowtail by Nora Corbett stitched on 16ct Aida Sea Spray, it a nice green.



Monday I had a bad headache and really should not have stitched but did. 
South seas mermaid by Mirabilia. I've had her kited up for years, lots of beads and pink fabric but never was sold on the fabric so never started her until now. Stitched on colour cascade fabric June 18 mystery fabric Lavenders blue. 16/18 ct Aida (later you will see her re started)



Tuesday I have so many magazine charts I want to stitch so why not add a few. 
cross stitch collection March 2015 butterfly fairy (mag) stitched on 14ct white Aida 



Wednesday just finished kiting her up with all her treasures Lilly of the woods by Mirabilia stitched on 16ct Aida natures dance fabrics by Stephanie. It's Browns and greens great for the woods or forest.



Now Thursday I started to get a little crazy. Libra by Satsuma Street stitched on light blue 14ct I think fabric I got from Kay. 



Also Thursday I started Quaker Mermaid by Aury TM stitched on 16/18ct Aida colour cascade fabric behind blue eyes. This Quaker I had problems. Changed my fabric choice. And one of the called for thread Classic colorworks really teally was to be the darker teal you will see in the top corner but what I got was a pale blue green, more blue. Pale not dark. So what to do? Well in 2 of my stitchy boxes both times I got florimell silk floss called Sumatra which is very close to the darker thread in picture. So that's what I'm using. Happy joy! Problems fixed.
 


Friday was a re start on south seas mermaid as I still didn't like fabric but I do now it's on 16ct Aida fantasy blue by sew it all. I got about the same stitched. It's blue and white fabric.


Also Friday was Autumn fairy by cross stitch collection October 2016 stitched on the other half of natures dance 16ct fabrics by Stephanie 



To finish Friday off I started dog house sampler by little house needleworks I got from Kay, thanks again. I'm stitching it on a bit of the fantasy blue 16ct fabric I cut off. I'm changing the colors to purples and grays too.



Saturday today was a rush. Sirena by Lilas studio stitched on 16ct Aida Haunted I think it looks like deep water. It's more blue green then the gray it's showing.



Souris bobines  by collection tralala stitched on 18ct Aida white. I've changed the 2 blues in it as it called for gray tones and with the mouse it was too much gray for me. 



Next was a chart I just got in the mail I had to start stitching buddy by filigram stitching it on 16 ct summer wattle by sew it all (I love the colors in this fabric) started bottom.



And last one number 60 wip was the birds and the bees by ink circles stitched on 18ct Aida white with waterlilies thread.




That's it I'm done with the new starts for the year people! I say that but who really knows. 
Now I'm going to pick out 14 Wips and it will be one wip a day so on. In the end 14 Wips should get worked on 2 days a month. I'm liking the new project a day thing. 

Hope you don't mind the 7 day long posts, it will not be as long as this one. Only one project a day with before and afters.

Have a great stitchy week Happy Stitching!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Another bunch of lovely projects, and on lovely fabrics too. It's easy to tell you've enjoyed all your new starts over the last couple of weeks. There are quite a few I wouldn't be able to put down after one day so I wish you luck with your rotation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. The blue fabric is a 14 count and is by Zweigart, sorry, I should have given you that information with the fabric. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Wow that is amazing! You've even outdone the mad new starter known as the Crafty Princess. I only have 50 wips. I'm super impressed. I love your new starts and looking forward to seeing these grow.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete