Thursday, January 3, 2019

Welcome To 2019!!!

Happy New Year my stitchy friends.

So after my last post, there was a few days left to 2018. 
I stitched a little on treasures of the deep Sal border and got 3 circles done all ready for more mermaids. It's just gold kreinik border so I'm not going to show you.
I also got my dads cold. New Year's Eve was in bed with a box of tissues, My shaker dog Jessie who was scared and watching the fireworks on tv.
I also played with 28 count evenweave because of my new year start and I'm glad I did. I found out I hate 28 count 1 over 1. Lucky and thanks to Alicia @thecraftyprincess she gave me 25 count easy guide fabric so I could still do my new year start. I like 1 over 1 on 25 count.
I also played around on my blog and hope you like my changes, it was time for something new. I'm still not sure on a few things but for now I'm happy.

So here's my New Years start. what she will one day look like
The funny thing today I saw design works has a kit of this picture and it's horrible well I think it is.
I guess I will find out if my one turns out better.


And around 3 days stitching not full days mind you.



The blocks are 20 by 20 with 1 over 1 as I'm stitching it so each block is 400 stitchers, that right...
I'm not really using the guide. I'm used to counting and stitching so still find myself just stitching as if the lines are not there. It is nice when I cover a block and know it's 400 stitches though. Lol

I also decided on something fun to do over the year. I remember a few years ago I watched the stash Queen on flosstube and every day she would put 1 stitch  or bead or whatever thread for that day on fabric and at the end of the year she could see some of the colours she used or beads.

On the 1st January I started my colours of the day wip. 
Every day I do 1 cross of that colour or thread or bead. If I only use 1 thread or 2 and backstitch will be / and not a cross so everything is covered. 
You know how many times you can change colours in a day so this is going to be fun to see at the end of 2019. 
I don't think I will keep showing you this every week unless you tell me in the comments that you want me to. 
Here is the 3 days of stitching lots of purples


This week I've also wanted to start a rotation. Yes I know, been there done that but I really want to make it work this year.

My rotation is this

Week 1,Monday to Thursday work on any heaven and earth (I want to start 2 more but will see).
Weekends Friday to Sunday work on mini pirate until done then another Project.
Week 2, Monday to Thursday work on forever and ever, if finish another songbird starts.
Week 3 Monday to Thursday work on treasures of the deep Sal until done then another project 
Week 4 Monday to Thursday work on Halloween Quaker until done then another project 
And if a week 5 Monday to Thursday get my tiny decisions app to pick out of a few Wips I would like to see progress on or even finished and or started.
Every day my colours of the day wip.

My rotation is based around the Wips I really want to get done and finished and when I pick a new one to put in that's how I will pick. Wips I want to see done this year. I have a few I really really want done in 2019. 

Now I've heard that tomorrow is going to get 40c or for my friends 104f or higher, it is summer but when it's that hot I don't really stitch and mini pirate is a small blanket so might be a mill hill kit or no stitching or I could try a little on pirate until I'm too hot. Who knows. Guess you will find out next week how that goes. Until then happy stitching everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful progress. Love the colors in this one. The stitch a day thing is neat. I've seen a few people doing it. Your rotation sounds like a great way to work it. Good luck! Ick That's HOT! We hardly ever get that hot there. I don't blame you for not wanting to do much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all sorted already for the New Year well done .
    Love your new start .
    Sorry you had a cold too for the New year , my one is still making me feel low but I am stitching again and I am going out before the weekend to do a little shopping , then I will see what happens , have a fun stitching week .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to the New Year with definite goals and plans. Have fun in the heat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Amanda, I love love love how she is turning out. Those colours are amazing and so happy the 25ct magic guide came in handy and so that you could start her. I am so looking forward to watching this beauty grow!

    I like your rotation, it will keep things moving at least. I hope you enjoy it so that you find it easy to stick to.

    I like your start of colours of the day. I don't think I would have the discipline to keep that up. But I am doing the Temperature SAL so I guess it's kinda of the same. Let's hope I have the discipline to keep that up LOL!

    Happy New Year stunner
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors in your new start! That looks like it'll be really fun to stitch. :) I remember Katy doing the stitch a day thing. It's such a neat idea, I hope you keep up with it. Your rotation sounds like a good plan. (I'm still thinking about mine.) Hope you stay cool in all that heat. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete