Friday, November 16, 2018

A Little Christmas and A Little Miss

Hi my Stitchy friends, thank you for all your comments. I'm glad you all like my Christmas stitching.

This week I started holiday Quaker by Lila's studio. 
I wish I hadn't started it. I say that because as soon as I did I felt guilty because I haven't finished the Halloween Quaker yet and I guess in my mind I need to finish the first one before I can work on the next. So it's only a very small start .

It will look like this


And my small start. 
Fabric is 16ct Aida Mirage. I had got the called for fabric and it was too light for my liking.


As I wanted to stitch Christmas I picked another new start and I got it finished too.

Kringle's Crow by Threadwork Primitives. I did it on 18ct or 16ct Aida called wren. Lost the tag.

Here is what the picture is


And my finish. I have seen this made into a Halloween one to but I think I will just keep it this way.


Next i have plans to stitch the songbird's garden series by cottage garden samplings.
I just got the weeks threads for the first one forever and ever and waiting on my gray fabric in the mail. Maybe it will come next week. 

I want one of my project bags to keep all 12 in and the thread as I buy it. I could buy a new bag and have looked but I thought if I finish a wip that would save me money right. I would love to get another 3 bags but right now that's not going to happen. The other 2 I would use for 2 new heaven and earth I want to stitch soon, maybe next year. Never know maybe Santa is listening ha ha.

Anyway so I looked at my Wips in the project bags to see what I feel like stitching and started working on Miss Black Swallowtail by Nora Corbett. I can't put her down. 

Here she was before 


And now



The wings feel like they are taking forever to stitch but how cool are they. When I put in the kreinik and beads the wings are going to be so pretty. 

That's my stitchy week my friends. I think I will keep going on swallowtail for now. 
See what next week holds. Happy Stitching!!!

5 comments:

  1. Miss Swallowtail is stunning. I really like the butterfly series that Nora Corbett has done, I think it is my favourite series so far. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitching , very elegant , enjoy every stitch .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Holiday Quaker. If I had that chart, I would not wait to stitch it either. :)
    Wishing you a happy stitchy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those wings are beautiful. Congrats on the adorable finish too. Great new start. Don't feel guilty. I have way too many things started haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching, those are lovely pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete