Saturday, August 18, 2018

When A Wip Calls

Hi stitchers, thanks for all your comments.

This week the plan was to stitch on a new start only but it didn't workout that way.

My new start was Craft Room ( what I'm calling it) by Cuoree e batticuore


I'm stitching it on 16 count Aida green cloud opalescent which is not showing in the photo, but it's a light green.

Here's my start, I worked my way up to the sign at the top.


After a day or so a wip was calling me, so out came spring topiary garden.

Here's before


And more on the garden part.


Again I was going to stay with it but after a few days I moved onto treasures of the deep Sal. I stitched the June mermaid and I so want to start the beading, we will see soon.



So it looks like I can only stitch on something for a few days and I'm mostly just picking anything to stitch. I guess it's the mood I'm in.

Today Saturday I went over my DMC. I needed room and I want a master set to work from, I'm buying too many of the same color. I got all the dmc out of my projects, and went over what I had in my DMC little drawers that I use. Look what I didn't need to buy people......


The box is full and double sided and 1 and a half bags full of dmc that I have a lot of the same colors. I think I have 20 each of the skin tones. Lots of browns too. Oh my god.

The funny yet sad thing is I still need around 40 colors to make a full set. What!! Guess 123 stitch next pay day. Then I'm not buying anymore dmc unless it's not in the box or bags. Save myself same money this way.

I got a little stash that I wanted to show you.

My Needleminders by Denkai Designs at Etsy she also give me a free square one. 


I've been looking for cute, nice dragon charts and not finding much that I like until now. 
Again on Etsy at lolalottashop she has so many nice charts you have to go look but I fell in love with her dragons and had to get 2

Dragon with lilies


And Dragon on the moon


Hope to start them soon, one day, maybe lol. So cute.

That's it for me Happy Stitching and we will both see what I stitch this next week! I'm having fun so it's all good.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can't believe you have so many duplicates! I occasionally do buy spare ones when I already have them, but only occasionally. I have a list of all the numbers attached to the top of my boxes, they are ticked if I have them and coded to which box and section of the box to find them in. I usually can see straight away what to buy and where to find all of my flosses. Although, sometimes one will mysteriously disappear and then I just can't find it where it should be. All of the stitching is looking good, I especially like the topiary. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new chart your working on ,and the new dragon charts.
    Dare I say I have a box of floss for all the numbers , a box for the 1 & 2s a box for 3 and so on , I do like to kit out a couple of charts each week , and many times I find the one I need is not there!
    Have a happy weekend hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new chart your working on ,and the new dragon charts.
    Dare I say I have a box of floss for all the numbers , a box for the 1 & 2s a box for 3 and so on , I do like to kit out a couple of charts each week , and many times I find the one I need is not there!
    Have a happy weekend hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that Craft Room is a wonderful new start. I love Cuore e Batticuore designs very much. I usually only stitch for a couple of days on one project, then I want to switch on rot the next. So more projects will see the light of the day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet new start! I must admit I am a bit like you with my stitching at the moment. I can't seem to settle on one project and swap from one to another :) I can't believe you have so many double on your DMC! They are so expensive to get in the UK compared to the USA. I do have a full set and try to keep it stocked when I run out but have very few double.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a busy week compared to normal for you but still very successful; Everything looks great! Good luck buying the remaining DMCs you need; it's quite satisfying to have the full set. :)

    ReplyDelete