Thursday, January 18, 2018

Evenweave Finish

Hi stitchers

Yes I stitched on my first evenweave. It's easy to stitch on but I still like my Aida better. If a chart needs evenweave I will use the fabric but other then that it's Aida for me.

I like seeing more of the fabric in my finish then lots of holes in evenweave. 

So my finish is The Summer Flower by Jeannette Douglas Designs. I have all 4 seasons and hope to stitch them over the year in that season. My favorite is spring and it's the last one to be stitched of course.

Here the chart pic


I did not stitch the green leaves at the top flower, it just looked wrong to me I also got the thread pack because it's silks which I loved, I ran out of the light green I would have needed.

I think it looks good, I had to go off the picture a lot for the colors.


It's on 36 count evenweave off white by sew it all.

The word summer is 1 over 1 and now I think the stitchers that stitch 1 over 1 and don't have to are crazy. So tiny cross's how you don't go cross eyed I don't know and I have good eyesight.

I also had to do satin stitch's which was fun.

Now I need your help

I got this chart, which I want to start soon but what fabric


Do I go grey like the picture or light blue maybe. You will see the fabric in the wings too.
Help what color fabric would you go? I need idea's even if it's a mix.

Thanks for your nice comments.
Happy stitching!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pretty finish!
    For the fairy I would use the fabric called Tin from sewitall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching again.
    Love your new one to stitch I do like the soft grey always goes well with pink .
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Summer stitch is lovely! You could go for a hand-dyed fabric for this, there must be some Australian companies that do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking stitches. Evenweave currently is an intimidating fabric. It was interesting to read your view of it. I think a light grey would pair well. Not sure about a blue.

    ReplyDelete