Monday, September 25, 2017

Fabric

Hi stitchers

Sorry I did not post last week, it got very busy. I did not stitch for 3/4 days.

I did a lot on seasons that weekend. 

Last week I had planed to start one of the pixies but the fabric I got was way to blue. 
I'm after a mid, silver grey and I feel I'm goldilocks. I'm finding it too light, too dark. Too blue, green or brown, it has mix colors. All I want is a nice mid grey that looks grey. On 16 count Aida. 
So hard to find. I think I've found it but now have to wait until October. Fingers crossed.

So last week as it was busy and I could not do my plan stitch I just kept stitching seasons when I could. 

So here is before


And now


Close to a page finish.

I have a question for you all, what is the longest time you have had to wait for fabric?

I ordered fabric from a place I will not name on 3/4th August and I still don't have it. I have not even had a email to say it's on the way which I do not like. 

I was watching flosstube and a lady said that this place just had a sale to wait 8 weeks but I ordered before the sale. I'm not happy.

The longest I've had to wait before this was 3 weeks and they let me know that it's in the mail on the way to me. 

I'm going to wait until October before emailing them but I will not be buying from them again. If they emailed me on what's going on, ok, I would feel better, but they are not and it just puts me off. Sad too as I liked a few fabrics they had.

I tell you between not finding the right fabric for my pixies and a fabric order that's taking too long to get here, I think I will stay with the places I know and trust. Or try too anyway.

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful update on your stitching!
    I don't think you should wait any longer to send them an email enquiring about the fabric order status.
    I had to wait 5 weeks for a piece of fabric in the past, but I was aware of this at the time I'd placed my order and the fabric was especially hand dyied for me, so I was happy to wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh, your stitching is so pretty! I hope the fabric order gets sorted for you! Sounds like an awful long wait even if it is for hand dyed stuff...

    ReplyDelete